School and the Food Fantasy


Me at grade 6 and i used to study in Hillwood College, Kandy. These were the days that i used to eat my friends' lunch . My ammi didn't made fried rice, spaghetti, macaroni, sandwiches as school lunch pack cause i used hate eat tons of vegetables those days. She only made rice and curry for lunch and she forced me to eat it . She used to tell me ඔයා කඩචෝරැය්,පිටි ගුලි කාලා තමා තඩි වෙන්නේහ්!

The only thing i did was take the lunch box to the school since i had no option. In the school first thing i did in the morning was asking who ever sat next to me that day, අද ඔයා මොනවද ගෙනාවේ? ? And that innocent dude used to reply fried rice or macaroni whatever it was it made my mouth watering. Then i used to say in a innocent voice එහෙනන් මට half ඕනේ''. Yes she always agreed with me everytime.


In the interval i exchanged my lunch box with her and ate her lunch and she used to eat my lunch which is full of vegetables. Wait, i wasn't enough.

Every single day morning, interval and after school i used to live in the school canteen. I used to buy lollipop, two chips packets and a sausage bun every time i go there.

I did gymnastic (now cant even imagine) and i had practices after school so my father used to come around 4 o clock . When he came, first thing he used ask was බඩගිනී නේ... wht you want today. That was my favourite question and i always replied එග් බන් එකය් sausage bun එකය් ice cream ekai පෝටෙලෝ එකය් like a good girl. (thug life)

Comments

Popular Posts