Story of Bibikkan


In my school days I used to live in school canteen, even i bought a big lunch box.Those days the school canteen කරන් ගියේ some tamil aunties and food was totally good and every day i used to eat රොටී or බනිස් or පරාටා or some days i had ඔක්කොම.

However one day in the interval one of my friend said there's new stuff in the canteen and you should try. She didn't said what was it and i was eager to see what was that.

Since my friends are so typical cause they ate whatever they brought from home even නිවිති ඇන්ඩ් පරෙප්පු, i went to the canteen myself.

Since canteen aunty was TAMIL auntie and i didnt know a single tamil word so i asked ''ඇන්ටි බිබික්කං තියෙනවද? ''


I clearly saw her face turning red starting from her nose and she frowned at me for 5 or 6 seconds. Then the bomb exploded!

She thought that i said some වල්කතා#කැතකතා and she started scolding me in tamil, some broken sinhala. I had no idea what was going on and the only thing i did was ran to the classroom and stayed like nothing happened.

Moral of the story: never buy food if you dont know the name of it.


Comments

Popular Posts